competent persons service

Competent Person Service

When seeking external competent health and safety advice, you must remember that you cannot devolve the management of health and safety risks to others. However, specialist or consultant help can be used to contribute to your overall health and safety management. At eeuk we employ health and safety specialists who can help you meet your statutory duties.

The HSE state that ‘Using advisers does not absolve the employer from responsibilities for health and safety under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and other relevant statutory provisions. It can only give added assurance that these responsibilities will be discharged adequately. It is essential that the specialist or consultant is competent to provide your organisation with correct, proportionate advice’.

The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (7.1) requires employers to appoint one or more competent persons to assist him in meeting his legal duties. The HSE have produced a guide for employers to assist them with selecting suitably competent persons which can be found here:

If you have decided that you would like external and competent health and safety advice then eeuk are able to help you.

Competence can be described as a mix of knowledge, attitude, training and experience which eeuk consultants have in spades!

All of our consultants and associates are fully trained in their field of work and are listed on the occupational health and safety consultants register.

If you have any query are simply unsure do not hesitate to contact us.